It’s no secret that I love Trader Joe’s. Thank God there’s one about 5 minutes from my house because I’m there at least three times a week.
Here are 15 favorites that always find a way into my shopping cart:
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. I only drink iced coffee (yes, even if it’s freezing outside). Finding this cold brew concentrate was a total game changer. All I have to do in the morning is mix 1 part cold brew with 2 parts water or milk (I usually do almond milk) and pour over ice.
- Asian Stir Fry Vegetable Mix. Some nights I put a lot of effort into making a nice dinner, other nights I’m beyond lazy. This veggie stir fry mix (onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, bok choy, peppers, sugar snap peas, baby corn) is perfect for those nights where you don’t have time or energy to dirty your cutting boards and knives. Just sauté these with some chicken/tofu/tempeh, some soyaki (see #12), throw over some rice (see #3) and you’ve got yourself a meal.
- Organic Brown Rice Packets. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he has the least adventurous palate, ever. Like, ever, ever. His dream meal is shredded chicken breast in a slow cooker for 6 hours…I wish I were exaggerating. He often goes through phases where he eats plain brown rice with balsamic vinaigrette (I know) so we always keep a box of these in the freezer for when that weird mood strikes. One box comes with 3 10oz microwavable packages of rice that are ready in only 3 minutes.
- Broccoli & Kale Slaw Salad Kit. My sister-in-law (hi, Jess!) turned me onto this salad and I’ve been obsessed ever since. For those nights when I’m SUPER lazy and don’t even want to throw shit together in a pan, this is what I eat.
- Salsa Verde. My absolute favorite salsa for dipping tortilla chips in or for making easy crockpot salsa verde chicken using this Skinnytaste recipe.
- Pesto & Quinoa. This is my go-to over roasted spaghetti squash or baked on fish. I use it in place of regular pesto in this Skinnytaste recipe.
- Ginger Chews. I like to throw a bunch of these into my purse (OK fine, diaper bag) so I can get really excited to randomly find one and treat myself while I’m out running errands. They also helped tremendously with nausea during my first trimester of pregnancy.
- Organic Fruit Crushers. I just started buying these for Will and he seems to like them better than the other popular pouch brands.
- Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. I looooove a good spinach and artichoke dip and this is the next best thing.
- Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil. Before pregnancy hormones totally destroyed my complexion, I used this tea tree oil face wash followed by the cleansing pads below (#15) and my skin never looked better. Unfortunately I’m still dealing with some pregnancy-related skin issues—thanks, nursing—but once everything levels out I’m excited to go back to this. I even miss the smell of it…is that strange?
- Turkey Burgers. Will and I eat these at least twice a week. They make for an easy weeknight meal and contain only turkey, salt and rosemary extract (no weird fillers or by-products).
- Soyaki. A blend of soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger that I use for an easy veggie stir-fry. Trust me, once you try this once you’ll always want to have it on-hand.
- Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend. I unfortunately can’t indulge in everything bagels on the regular but I can try to make everything else I eat taste like an everything bagel. My favorite way to use this is to sprinkle it over sunny side up eggs.
- Just Mango Slices. These are practically candy, so eat at your own risk. Make sure you read the ingredients and you’re buying JUST MANGO. Trader Joe’s has other dried mango snacks that are full of added sugar. Trust me, these are plenty sweet enough on their own.
- Natural Face Cleansing Pads with Tea Tree Oil. Have you ever washed your face and thought it was clean, only to wipe a cotton ball with toner over it to have the cotton ball turn brown? Like, what??? I could have sworn I JUST cleaned you!!! These are like that cotton ball with toner on crack. They are texturized and instantly make my skin feel tighter and more refreshed.
I seriously could go on and on. I’m already kicking myself for leaving out a few things.
What are some of your favorites?